Two people taken to hospital after serious collision in Holme
- Credit: Archant
Two elderly people have been taking to hospital following a collision which has left one car in a ditch in Holme.
The incident occurred between two vehicles at about 11.22 this morning (Tuesday) on the B660 between Glatton and Holme in which one car left the road and overturned into a ditch.
Officers from Cambridgeshire police are currently at the scene along with paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service and crews from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
The Magpas air ambulance is also currently at incident
A spokesman from the ambulance service said: “Three patients were involved and two are believed to be elderly. All of them were conscious and breathing. All patients are believed to have not sustained life threatening injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
The two elderly patients have been taken to Peterborough City Hospital by land ambulance.
It is not known the injuries of the third person involved in the incident but all were able to get the vehicles without any help from the emergency services.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
A stretch of the B660 has closed between B1043 and Holme and motorists are being advised to use alternative routes if possible.