Two-month search for Tic Toc is over as Ramsey five-year-old boy’s pony is found dead
- Credit: Archant
A two-month search for a five-year-old’s pony which went missing from a Ramsey field is over.
Catriona Carnegie’s son Josh’s 24-year-old pony Tic Toc has been found dead, according to a message posted on Facebook by a friend of Mrs Carnegie.
The Welsh/Shetland cross, who suffered from Cushings disease, was thought to have been stolen in early December prompting a nationwide appeal to find Josh’s pony before Christmas, which was seen by thousands of people and was shared by Olympic equestrian Charlotte Dujardin, former jockey Clare Balding and Zara Phillips.
Mrs Carnegie, 30, of Ugg Mere Court Road, Ramsey, was able to put up a £6,000 reward for the return of Josh’s pony before Christmas, but was reduced to £2,000 afterwards.
Philip Ward-Burton posted on the group: “It is with the utmost sadness that I have to write this and inform everyone that Tic Toc has been found and I’m afraid to say it’s the worst possible end to the search for him that was hoped for.
“I personally dealt with the recovery and removal of him as it was far too much for Catriona and her family to face.
“Not only has Catriona had the trauma of the past couple of months since him going but now has to deal with the utter devastation it has brought upon her.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
He added: “Catriona would like to express from the bottom of her heart her thanks and gratitude to every single person who has shown support and given help in the search for him.
“She wishes to have some time to grieve and to come to terms with her tragic loss, but will personally thank everyone when she feels she is ready to.”
Almost 3,000 people have sent messages on the group, with even more taking to Twitter to send their condolences.