Men arrested following raid on cannabis factory in Warboys plead guilty
- Credit: Archant
Two men are due to be sentenced after pleading guilty to growing cannabis in Warboys.
Police raided an industrial unit at the former Warboys airfield site on February 13 where they discovered a cannabis factory with an estimated street value of about £1.8million.
Two men were arrested at the scene and subsequently charged by officers.
Sajmir Basha, 29, of no known address, pleaded guilty to production of cannabis at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court last Thursday (February 14).
Paulin Prenga, 28, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to production of cannabis and possession of a class A drug at the same court.
You may also want to watch:
Officers discovered about 2,200 cannabis plants and growing equipment at the unit, which were seized after the men were arrested,
Basha and Prenga have been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Crown Court for sentencing on a date yet to be set.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced