Two men fight in Huntingdon Clarks after street brawl moves inside shoe shop
- Credit: Archant
TWO men demolished a Huntingdon shoe shop’s displays when a street brawl moved indoors.
The men started fighting outside Clarks, in Chequers Court, shortly before 1pm. They ended up coming through the shop’s door and continued fighting, smashing up the displays in front of several customers, some of whom were children.
The manager of Clarks said: “The two of them were fighting outside and then happened to come through the door. If they had been a foot either side, they wouldn’t have ended in the store.
“They came in a demolished our displays. None of the staff got involved and it was all over in a minute.
“The men ran off when I called the police.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We have closed the store for an hour to give the staff a break as it was traumatic for us. It was out of the blue.
“No-one was injured and we ushered our customers out of the back of the store.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a fight at Clarks in Chequers Court, Huntingdon, shortly before 1pm.
“Officers attended however both parties had left the scene. An area search was carried out and several people were spoken to. No complaints have been made to police.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call police on 101.