Men arrested following further cannabis factory found on Warboys airfield
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have today (Wednesday) found another cannabis factory on the Warboys airfield.
The factory, containing cannabis with a street value of around £1.8 million, was discovered following further reports of suspicious activity on the airstrip.
Around 2,200 plants and growing equipment were seized from the property this morning.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of production of cannabis and a 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of production of cannabis and possession of a class A drug. Both men remain in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
Sgt Michael Basford said: “This, on top of Monday’s find, has taken a staggering amount of drugs off our streets.
You may also want to watch:
“This is as a direct result of information from the public and really shows the difference people can make by reporting information to us.”
Suspicious activity can be reported on our website www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online