Men arrested following further cannabis factory found on Warboys airfield
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have today (Wednesday) found another cannabis factory on the Warboys airfield.
The factory, containing cannabis with a street value of around £1.8 million, was discovered following further reports of suspicious activity on the airstrip.
Around 2,200 plants and growing equipment were seized from the property this morning.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of production of cannabis and a 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of production of cannabis and possession of a class A drug. Both men remain in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
Sgt Michael Basford said: “This, on top of Monday’s find, has taken a staggering amount of drugs off our streets.
You may also want to watch:
“This is as a direct result of information from the public and really shows the difference people can make by reporting information to us.”
Suspicious activity can be reported on our website www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan