Two Huntingdonshire families welcome babies on Christmas Day
- Credit: Archant
Two couples received extra-special presents on Christmas Day.
Nazia and Asim Rehman, of Hill Rise, St Ives, were surprised when their daughter, who has yet to be given a name, came into the world at 4.18am ... she was not due until January 7.
It topped off a special year for the couple as their first-born Xavi had been due on Christmas Day last year, but did not arrive until January 3.
Mrs Rehman, an officer for Huntingdonshire District Council, said: “It was quite surreal. My first child was due on Christmas Day, so for my second to arrive on Christmas Day was quite funny.”
Angela Stewart and Michael Soja, both 30, of Longsands Road, St Neots, were delighted when Charlie William Stewart arrived at 12.27pm on Christmas Day. Weighing in at 6lb 15oz, Charlie arrived on his due date.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Stewart said: “It is lovely – it was the best Christmas in a long time.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse