Two die in Cambridge after taking drugs
- Credit: Archant
TWO people died and a third was taken ill after it is thought they had taken drugs in Cambridge.
A man and a woman, in her 40s, died after collapsing in Chesterton Road shortly after 12noon on Tuesday. The deaths were being treated as unexplained.
Detective Inspector Billy Bremner said: “We are aware that two people have died and a third was taken ill at about the same time. We are in the early stages of investigating these tragic deaths and are keeping an open mind as to the cause.
“At this stage we can say that the three people involved are believed to have taken drugs in Cambridge shortly before becoming ill.
“We would urge anyone who has any information about the supply of drugs in the city to call police.
You may also want to watch:
“We would always advise against taking any drug, however if anyone is intending to take drugs we would urge them to ensure that there is someone nearby who can look after them should they fall ill.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed