Two die in Cambridge after taking drugs
- Credit: Archant
TWO people died and a third was taken ill after it is thought they had taken drugs in Cambridge.
A man and a woman, in her 40s, died after collapsing in Chesterton Road shortly after 12noon on Tuesday. The deaths were being treated as unexplained.
Detective Inspector Billy Bremner said: “We are aware that two people have died and a third was taken ill at about the same time. We are in the early stages of investigating these tragic deaths and are keeping an open mind as to the cause.
“At this stage we can say that the three people involved are believed to have taken drugs in Cambridge shortly before becoming ill.
“We would urge anyone who has any information about the supply of drugs in the city to call police.
“We would always advise against taking any drug, however if anyone is intending to take drugs we would urge them to ensure that there is someone nearby who can look after them should they fall ill.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police