Plans for expansion could soon take flight for Little Gransden Air and Car Show
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the annual Little Gransden Air and Car Show said the event was still a success, despite the bad weather.
Persistent rain and heavy cloud on Sunday meant that the skies were not clear enough for an array of aircraft to take flight, however more than 700 visitors flocked to the event nonetheless.
The show, which is held in Little Granden, has been running since 1992 and all the money raised will go to Children in Need.
Event co-organiser, David Poile said: “This year’s show was very wet but still a great show. Due to the weather, we couldn’t allow a lot of the planes to fly which was a real shame. However, it was still a great event.
“We managed to fly six items which are all based at Gransden which was great. Some of these included a Yax 50, a Beech 18 and a T6 Harvard ‘Wacky Rabbit.’”
“We had more than 200 classic cars at the show, which was a good turn out and people seemed to enjoy that.
“Usually because it is hot we sell out of water, however this time we ended up with it left over because of the weather.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
- 10 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
“We are looking into maybe having a two-day event next year which would be exciting. Ideas are still being thrown around and we haven’t finalised any plans but we are thinking that we could have a Saturday event that would be an evening proms and then have the Sunday as the air show.”
To find out more about the air show, visit littlegransdenairshow.co.uk.