Plans for expansion could soon take flight for Little Gransden Air and Car Show
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the annual Little Gransden Air and Car Show said the event was still a success, despite the bad weather.
Persistent rain and heavy cloud on Sunday meant that the skies were not clear enough for an array of aircraft to take flight, however more than 700 visitors flocked to the event nonetheless.
The show, which is held in Little Granden, has been running since 1992 and all the money raised will go to Children in Need.
Event co-organiser, David Poile said: “This year’s show was very wet but still a great show. Due to the weather, we couldn’t allow a lot of the planes to fly which was a real shame. However, it was still a great event.
“We managed to fly six items which are all based at Gransden which was great. Some of these included a Yax 50, a Beech 18 and a T6 Harvard ‘Wacky Rabbit.’”
“We had more than 200 classic cars at the show, which was a good turn out and people seemed to enjoy that.
“Usually because it is hot we sell out of water, however this time we ended up with it left over because of the weather.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
“We are looking into maybe having a two-day event next year which would be exciting. Ideas are still being thrown around and we haven’t finalised any plans but we are thinking that we could have a Saturday event that would be an evening proms and then have the Sunday as the air show.”
To find out more about the air show, visit littlegransdenairshow.co.uk.