Plans for expansion could soon take flight for Little Gransden Air and Car Show
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the annual Little Gransden Air and Car Show said the event was still a success, despite the bad weather.
Persistent rain and heavy cloud on Sunday meant that the skies were not clear enough for an array of aircraft to take flight, however more than 700 visitors flocked to the event nonetheless.
The show, which is held in Little Granden, has been running since 1992 and all the money raised will go to Children in Need.
Event co-organiser, David Poile said: “This year’s show was very wet but still a great show. Due to the weather, we couldn’t allow a lot of the planes to fly which was a real shame. However, it was still a great event.
“We managed to fly six items which are all based at Gransden which was great. Some of these included a Yax 50, a Beech 18 and a T6 Harvard ‘Wacky Rabbit.’”
You may also want to watch:
“We had more than 200 classic cars at the show, which was a good turn out and people seemed to enjoy that.
“Usually because it is hot we sell out of water, however this time we ended up with it left over because of the weather.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
“We are looking into maybe having a two-day event next year which would be exciting. Ideas are still being thrown around and we haven’t finalised any plans but we are thinking that we could have a Saturday event that would be an evening proms and then have the Sunday as the air show.”
To find out more about the air show, visit littlegransdenairshow.co.uk.