TWO crashes in five minutes cause traffic mayhem on and around the A14 at Huntingdon
MOTORISTS around Huntingdon were held up by two separate incidents on two A14 junctions.
Cambridgeshire police, firefighters and an ambulance crew were sent to the junction 23 at Spittals roundabout at 8.40am to reports of a three-vehicle crash.
One person suffered minor injuries in the smash.
Lane two of the westbound carriageway was closed until 10am.
Just five minutes earlier a Vauxhall Corsa crashed on the A14/A1198 roundabout and a woman has been cut free. She is not believed to have been injured.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters, from Huntingdon, used specialist cutting equipment to release one person who was trapped in their car.”
The car has been recovered and officers have handed the scene over to the Highways Agency who are managing traffic around the roundabout.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity