Woman hospitalised following collision in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
A car careered into a ditch following a collision in Ramsey Mereside on Saturday.
Emergency services were called to Oilmills Road at about 3.15pm following reports that two cars had collided.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews arrived to find a collision involving two vehicles. One casualty was released prior to the arrival of the fire service. Firefighters used specialist equipment to stabilise the second vehicle which had ended up in a ditch. Firefighters then released a female casualty from the vehicle.”
Crews from Ramsey and Whittlesey attended the scene and returned to their stations by about 6pm.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “An ambulance crew and an ambulance officer were sent to help. At the scene two patients were assessed.
You may also want to watch:
“One patient, a woman with a hip injury, was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further care.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding