Two arson incidents in one evening
FIREFIGHTERS were called out twice yesterday evening (Thursday) to deal with deliberate fires in Huntingdon and St Neots.
At 5.20pm, two crews from Huntingdon attended a garage fire in The Whaddons, Huntingdon. They used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to station at 8.20pm.
At 5.30pm, one crew from St Neots was called to a report of rubbish on fire near Earl Close in Eaton Socon.
Firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 6.15pm.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the cause of both fires was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or log on to www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers