Two arrested after St Ives break-in
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested in connection with a burglary in St Ives on Monday night (December 2).
Cambridgeshire police were called to a burglary in progress at Granta Close at about 7.30pm after the thieves broke in through a rear window.
Officers were given descriptions of two youths seen running away. Later on, two people were arrested and are in custody today (Tuesday).
A second burglary was also reported in Needingworth Road, St Ives.
Dave Griffin, crime reduction officer, said: “Please remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity in your area, record good descriptions of people and vehicles, this was the information that helped officers detain the suspects at last night’s incident.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: If you have information in relation to Monday’s incident call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal