Twenty swans and ducks die on St Neots river
- Credit: Archant
Concerns have been raised over the deaths of 20 swans and ducks in St Neots.
In the last fortnight, 13 swans and seven ducks were spotted dead on the River Great Ouse between Paper Mill, Little Paxton, and St Neots Marina.
Tests into the cause of death have proved inconclusive and officers are appealing for information.
Pc Alun Bradshaw said: “It is very unusual for such a large amount of birds to die in such a short space of time and we are keen to find out what caused the deaths.
“I would urge anyone with any information to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call PC Bradshaw on 101.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house