Trio arrested after mass incident in St Neots are bailed by police
- Credit: Archant
Three men from St Neots who were arrested following a mass disorder involving 50 people have been bailed.
The males, aged 19, 28 and 50, were arrested at the scene of the incident in Duck Lane, on the afternoon of April 8 and taken into custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station, in Peterborough. They will answer bail on May 2.
Police were called to Duck Lane at about 3.45pm to reports of a disorder, involving about 50 people. Officers issued a dispersal order and left it in place until 7am the following day.
Police believe this was a targeted incident between two parties who were known to each other.
Officers have said a number of people were seen filming and photographing on mobile phones during the incident and are asking anyone with footage or pictures of the incident to contact them.
Increased patrols were put in place in the area for several days to offer community reassurance.
INFO: Anyone with information regarding this incident can report information online at www.cambs.police.uk/report, quoting 35/24113/19 or call 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today