Runners turn village green and white in memory of 'beautiful' Ali Wright
- Credit: Riverside Runners
Tributes have been paid to popular St Neots’ runner Alison ‘Ali’ Wright who has sadly passed away after a short battle with cancer.
Ali was loved by all the members of Riverside Runners, who said her “kindness, warmth, empathy and laughter touched so many people”.
The Riversiders came together in their time of grief and dedicated that day’s club run to their fallen comrade by running together Ali’s favourite route, the Paxton Loop.
Little Paxton was visited that evening by a sea of green and white as members ran together in their club shirts to pay their respects.
Club chairperson, Sam Windebank, said: “Ali was a beautiful person. This is such sad news and she will be missed by all who had the privilege to know her.
“A true friend is never truly gone. Their spirit lives on in the memories of those who loved them.”
Even a segment on Strava has now been created to immortalise Ali’s Loop for both current and future runners.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Members are also keen to raise money for the charity chosen by Ali prior to her death - the Hunts Community Cancer Network.
To make a donation visit: