Tributes to former Bedford councillor killed in car accident
TRIBUTES have been paid to former Bedford Borough Councillor, Celia Hanbury, who died in a car crash on the A428 at Croxton, near St Neots, on Thursday (January 12).
Mrs Hanbury, 61, who represented Turvey ward from 2002 to 2007, was driving a blue Ford Focus Zetec when it was involved in a collision with a Scania lorry. She was declared dead at the scene.
Bedford Borough Council Chief Executive, Philip Simpkins said: “I was shocked and saddened to hear the news of Celia’s death. Our thoughts are with her family at this time.
“Celia was a very popular and well respected member of the council. The news today has been met with sadness by councillors and staff across the council.”
The driver of the lorry was not injured but was treated for shock
You may also want to watch:
The crash, east of the Croxton crossroads, closed the A428 between the A1198 Ermine Street junction in Caxton Gibbet and the B1428 Cambridge road junction in St Neots for six hours.
INFORMATION: Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information should call the Cambridgeshire police’s road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester