Tributes paid to St Neots teacher who died during Easter break
- Credit: Archant
Staff and pupils at Longsands Academy in St Neots have paid tribute to teacher Dr Sarah Miller who died during the Easter break.
Dr Miller, a science teacher at the school, died on April 11 while she was on a diving holiday in Malta.
Headteacher Martin Paine said on the school’s website: “I am deeply saddened to have to share the news that Dr Miller died whilst on a diving holiday in Malta.
Dr Miller was an outstanding science teacher and lead practitioner who was liked and respected by staff, students and their parents and carers. Dr Miller not only supported students at Longsands Academy, but was also playing a vital role in supporting improvements to the learning and teaching of science at Ernulf.
“I know that many within our community will be extremely upset by this sad news and will, as has happened in the past, support each other in the best way possible. We will keep you informed as we receive updates from Dr Miller’s family and will, at the appropriate time, consider how best we can commemorate her at the academy.
You may also want to watch:
Our thoughts are with Dr Miller’s partner, family and friends at this time.”
Students, parents and fellow teachers have all paid tribute to Dr Miller on the school’s Facebook page, where the 44-year-old was described as “inspirational” by several people.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad
One of her former students said: “She was an excellent form tutor who helped me and supported me during the most difficult time of my life. She will be missed by all. Such a tragic loss. Thoughts with all of her family during this difficult time.”