Tributes paid to St Neots teacher who died during Easter break
- Credit: Archant
Staff and pupils at Longsands Academy in St Neots have paid tribute to teacher Dr Sarah Miller who died during the Easter break.
Dr Miller, a science teacher at the school, died on April 11 while she was on a diving holiday in Malta.
Headteacher Martin Paine said on the school’s website: “I am deeply saddened to have to share the news that Dr Miller died whilst on a diving holiday in Malta.
Dr Miller was an outstanding science teacher and lead practitioner who was liked and respected by staff, students and their parents and carers. Dr Miller not only supported students at Longsands Academy, but was also playing a vital role in supporting improvements to the learning and teaching of science at Ernulf.
“I know that many within our community will be extremely upset by this sad news and will, as has happened in the past, support each other in the best way possible. We will keep you informed as we receive updates from Dr Miller’s family and will, at the appropriate time, consider how best we can commemorate her at the academy.
Our thoughts are with Dr Miller’s partner, family and friends at this time.”
Students, parents and fellow teachers have all paid tribute to Dr Miller on the school’s Facebook page, where the 44-year-old was described as “inspirational” by several people.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
One of her former students said: “She was an excellent form tutor who helped me and supported me during the most difficult time of my life. She will be missed by all. Such a tragic loss. Thoughts with all of her family during this difficult time.”