Tributes paid to councillor Trish Shrapnel who has passed away
- Credit: Huntingdon Town Council
Huntingdonshire Town Council (HTC) have paid tribute to a former member of their team who has passed away.
Trish Shrapnel, from Huntingdon, passed away on August 15 and in her final weeks she was cared for by the Arthur Rank Hospice. in Cambridge.
A spokesman for (HTC) said: “Trish was a dedicated and highly regarded member of the council, as well as a district councillor for the Huntingdon East ward.
“Trish devoted herself to making positive and lasting change in Huntingdon.
“She was hugely passionate about the town and always went above and beyond to help, support and listen to others.
“She will be hugely missed by her friends and colleagues, but her legacy will live on through the projects she was involved with.
Besides her council activities, Trish was a dedicated volunteer at MENCAP.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough mayor, Nik Johnson said: "Very sad to hear of the loss of Trish Shrapnel. I very much respected the work she did to support children with learning disabilities through Mencap.