Tributes paid to councillor Trish Shrapnel who has passed away
- Credit: Huntingdon Town Council
Huntingdonshire Town Council (HTC) have paid tribute to a former member of their team who has passed away.
Trish Shrapnel, from Huntingdon, passed away on August 15 and in her final weeks she was cared for by the Arthur Rank Hospice. in Cambridge.
A spokesman for (HTC) said: “Trish was a dedicated and highly regarded member of the council, as well as a district councillor for the Huntingdon East ward.
“Trish devoted herself to making positive and lasting change in Huntingdon.
“She was hugely passionate about the town and always went above and beyond to help, support and listen to others.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be hugely missed by her friends and colleagues, but her legacy will live on through the projects she was involved with.
Besides her council activities, Trish was a dedicated volunteer at MENCAP.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough mayor, Nik Johnson said: "Very sad to hear of the loss of Trish Shrapnel. I very much respected the work she did to support children with learning disabilities through Mencap.