Tribute paid to ‘much loved son’ following fatal collision in Buckden
- Credit: Archant
The family of a 23-year-old man, who died following a collision in Buckden, have said he was a “much loved son” and that his death had left friends and family “devastated”.
Jamie Pegram, 23, of School Lane, Buckden, was driving a blue Vauxhall Corsa along Mill Road at about 12.40am on Saturday when he was involved in a collision with a grey Range Rover Sport.
Police and ambulance services attended and Jamie was pronounced dead at the scene.
A tribute released by his family said: "Jamie was a very much loved son to Melvyn and Caryl, brother to Marty and a much loved grandson. Jamie lived local in the village for 23 years going to the local schools. He went to university and got a first class honours degree in film studies and English. Jamie was working in the local Cineworld gaining experience as he wanted to work in media/film making.
"He was unique and individual and was writing a horror movie he was hoping to get filmed later in life. He had a love for music, playing the sax and the keyboard. He was an active member of the Rising Phoenix paranormal society. He was a very sensitive loving son, thinking of his family all the time. He had many friends who are devastated at his passing."
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Range Rover, a woman in her 30s, was taken to hospital with serious, but not life-threatening injuries. Four young passengers travelling in the Range Rover were also taken to hospital for treatment."
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who saw the Vauxhall or the Range Rover beforehand is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 23 of the July 13. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives