St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- Credit: HDC
St Ives market has returned to Market Hill in the town centre from Monday August 2.
The market was moved to Cattle Market car park in June 2020 as part of the covid restrictions.
As part of the easing of measure in town centres, the market will move back to its original location.
Executive Councillor for Operation and Environment at Huntingdonshire District Council, Marge Beuttell, said: “I am very excited to see the market back where it belongs after a year of temporary arrangements.
"We took the action last year to move the St Ives market so that we could continue to provide a thriving market throughout a difficult time for town centres.
"However, we recognise that now is the time to bring the market back to its rightful and much-loved location on Market Hill.”
The market, which is held on Mondays and Fridays will be permanently relocated back to Market Hill, as will the St Ives Town Council Farmers market which takes place on the first and third Saturday of each month.
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 5 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight