World’s first smartphone sat nav for scooters is launched
- Credit: Archant
TomTom has created the world’s first scooter smartphone-connected sat nav called TomTom VIO.
The VIO is highly functional but makes a strong visual statement - the circular glove-friendly touchscreen device acts as an extension to a connected smartphone. No more taking a phone out of the pocket while riding.
The weatherproof display unit offers turn-by-turn navigation both visually and audibly via a Bluetooth® helmet audio system. When a call comes in, the display will show a photo of who it is so the rider can take it via the headset while directions remain on the TomTom VIO display.
TomTom’s famous speed camera warning system is built-in. But following the design of the TomTom VIO even these alerts are minimal. TomTom VIO’s speed display changes colour to red warning riders if they are going too fast, and then back to the original colour scheme when travelling within the limit. That means even without directly looking at the VIO the rider is acutely aware of their speed.
The TomTom VIO is available in six different colours – ideal for matching your scooter. Even the maps can be set to the same colour using one simple touch in the app.
You may also want to watch:
Corinne Vigreux, co-founder and managing director at TomTom Consumer, said: “The innovative new TomTom VIO is game-changer for scooter riders. Not only will it speed up the commute, but gone are the days of fiddling with your mobile at the traffic lights, or wondering who’s calling as you negotiate the traffic. For the first time, riders can explore the urban jungle safely, and confidently, in style.”
The TomTom VIO is available from September 8 at Halfords and Amazon and on the TomTom website, priced £149.99.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery