Person hit by train between Hitchin and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly been hit by a train between Hitchin and St Neots.
Some of the lines between Hitchin and Sandy have after the incident, which was reported at around 2pm this afternoon (September 3).
This comes after another person was struck by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace this morning.
Services to routes passing through Hitchin up to St Neots are set to resume by 8pm today, with travellers advised to delay travel if possible. Delays of up to 90 minutes are to be expected.
The disruption will still affect Thameslink and Great Northern services on routes through Finsbury Park, as well as long-distance trains to and from London Kings Cross.
A limited number of rail replacement services are now available.
If you've been affected by what has happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to. You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges