Person hit by train between Hitchin and St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A person has sadly been hit by a train between Hitchin and St Neots.
Some of the lines between Hitchin and Sandy have after the incident, which was reported at around 2pm this afternoon (September 3).
This comes after another person was struck by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace this morning.
Services to routes passing through Hitchin up to St Neots are set to resume by 8pm today, with travellers advised to delay travel if possible. Delays of up to 90 minutes are to be expected.
The disruption will still affect Thameslink and Great Northern services on routes through Finsbury Park, as well as long-distance trains to and from London Kings Cross.
A limited number of rail replacement services are now available.
If you've been affected by what has happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to. You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages