Pedestrian dies at scene of A1 lorry crash
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
A pedestrian has died after a collision with a lorry on the A1 in Peterborough.
Officers were called at just before 1pm today (October 29) to the A1 northbound, just past Kate’s Cabin Café near Alwalton, with reports of a collision between a lorry and a pedestrian.
Officers and paramedics attended but the pedestrian died at the scene.
The road remains currently closed northbound at junction 17, and is likely to remain closed for some time.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and seek alternate routes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact DCI Garry Webb of the BCH Road Policing Unit via web chat: https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw or online forms at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 178 of 29 October.
Anyone without internet access should call 101. Always dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary