Chaos as mobile home brings village to standstill
- Credit: Ely Standard readers
For once motorists had no option other than to ‘slow down’ on a village high street as a mobile home brought traffic to a standstill.
Eyewitnesses watching a mini drama unfold as the lorry transporting the mobile home through the village (just north of St Ives) decided on a 3-point turn.
It wasn’t necessarily one of his best ideas for a Monday – or indeed for any day.
“Total bedlam ensued,” said a motorist caught up in the jam.
It happened at 3pm but it is not clear how look it took to resolve itself.
“The driver of an extra wide vehicle tried to do a 3-point turn in the town centre,” said an eyewitness.
“It brought everything to a standstill.”
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
"The driver eventually reversed down the side of the old hotel in the centre of town and then drove up towards the garden centre."