Motorist comes to grief on A1 Black Cat roundabout
- Credit: Roads Policing
A driver veered through barriers and ended up stranded on the Black Cat roundabout in Cambridgeshire.
The crash happened earlier today and officers from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit spotted it.
“Whilst heading back to our patrol base this caught our attention at the A1/A421 interchange,” said the policing unit tweet.
They added: “The cat didn’t look too impressed, someone has some explaining to do.”
The A1 Black Cat roundabout has been a traffic hotspot for many years but is going to be upgraded as part of a £507m improvement scheme unveiled last month.
The plan is to build a 10-mile dual carriageway with a three-tier junction at the Black Cat roundabout.
A new dual carriageway will travel over it.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack