Recap: Tailbacks and delays on A1 due to crash at Huntingdon
- Credit: National Highways
Part of the A1 was blocked earlier today (April 12) due to a crash near Huntingdon.
A lane was closed on the northbound carriageway between the A14 at Brampton and the A141 for Huntingdon.
The incident began at around 4.30pm.
Queues developed on dual-carriageway between the Buckden/B661 roundabout and the scene of the crash.
A Traffic England statement read: "Normal traffic conditions are expected between 9pm and 9.15 on April 12."
The incident ended sooner than expected, with the road fully reopen at around 6pm.
Elsewhere in the region, National Highways said there were long delays M11 northbound near Saffron Walden, approaching Cambridge.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 3 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 4 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
This was due to a collision between junction 8a (A120, Stansted Airport) and junction 9 (A11, Saffron Walden), which was cleared at around 4.45pm.
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Cambridgeshire traffic map.
Join our Cambridgeshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Cambridgeshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: email@example.com