Car washing children set to clean up this summer
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
New research from Vauxhall has revealed how kids in the East of England are set to clean up during the holiday, earning an average of £40.66 during the summer break – a slice of a staggering £257,201,859, which will be paid in pocket money to children across the UK.
From mowing lawns to washing their parents’ cars, kids across the UK will be adding an average of £48.54 across the holiday period to their piggy banks, according to new research from the British car manufacturer.
The survey of 2,000 parents and children revealed that washing the car will be one of the most popular money-making activities, with more than a third (36%) of kids set to get busy with a bucket of water and sponge.
To give budding entrepreneurs a boost during the summer holidays, local Vauxhall retailer Murketts Vauxhall has launched a Kids Carwash Franchise. Supplying kids with everything they need to start a car washing business, including a starter pack of equipment and a step-by-step ‘how-to’ guide to washing a car like a professional.
Mark Smith, group sales manager at Murketts Vauxhall, said: “The long break gives youngsters a chance to delve into the world of work for the first time. We hope by launching Vauxhall’s Kids Carwash Franchise, we will be able to give children a helping hand in boosting their earnings and getting a real sense of how much fun it can be to be in business. We also hope they enjoy spending their hard-earned pocket money all the more, knowing they’ve worked for it!”
You may also want to watch:
However, kids in the North East are set to be among the lowest holiday earners, receiving around £0.84 per job, while children in London will make as much as £3 per chore. On average, parents will pay their children an average of £2.09 per activity. That’s more than double what they need to, with over a third of children happy with as little as £1. And kids are set to make nearly double what their parents earned in their day.
While most parents (75%) said their children earn pocket money to learn the value of money, nearly a quarter (24%) of parents resort to financial incentives for good behaviour. Parents from the East Midlands appear most likely to give their children pocket money in exchange for good behaviour. Families can request the free Kids Carwash starter packs from the Vauxhall website www.vauxhall.co.uk/kidscarwash
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son