Suspected drink-driver flips Volkswagen car at 3am on A14
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A “very lucky” motorist appears to have escaped serious injury after flipping their car onto its roof in a suspected drink-fuelled crash on the A14.
The Volkswagen car overturned into a ditch just off the main Cambridgeshire A-road at Spaldwick near Huntingdon this morning (April 25).
Police say the driver was arrested at the scene but hospitalised “for checks”.
Pictures show recovery in progress – with a large crane lifting the car from the ditch earlier today.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Harry Potter and the...Whomping Willow?
“Nope, just a very lucky, but also suspected very drunk driver, who upturned this vehicle into the ditch at Spaldwick on the A14 just after 3am this morning.
“The driver was arrested and he has been taken to hospital for checks.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 5 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
“If you’re worried about someone drink or drug driving, contact our confidential, 24/7 hotline on 0800 032 0845.”
For more information about drink-driving and its consequences, visit: www.cambs.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/rs/road-safety/alcohol-drug-driving/
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Cambridgeshire traffic map.
Join our Cambridgeshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Cambridgeshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: email@example.com