Colin, 84, reveals the final total from his vintage cycle fundraiser
Vintage cycle enthusiast Colin Bedford now knows the total raised from his charity ride - and says he is “amazed” by the amount.
The 84-year-old has revealed the final figure was £3,000 which has been split between Diabetes UK and the eye clinic at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
He said: “I’m amazed by the total, I never thought that much would be raised!
“Thank you to everyone who donated. The pandemic means we can’t do an official cheque presentation but the money has been handed over.”
Over five days in September, Colin cycled five miles on a different vintage bicycle from including a 1865 ‘boneshaker’ to a 1943 Second World War parachutists’ bicycle.
The overall distance he covered was the equivalent of a journey to the hospital from March.
And Colin is already thinking of his next charity fundraiser.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Meet TikTok councillor aiming to make Cambridgeshire politics more fun
He said: “Tell everyone to ‘watch this space’ - because I’ll definitely be doing another fundraising activity in the new year.”