Colin, 84, reveals the final total from his vintage cycle fundraiser
Vintage cycle enthusiast Colin Bedford now knows the total raised from his charity ride - and says he is “amazed” by the amount.
The 84-year-old has revealed the final figure was £3,000 which has been split between Diabetes UK and the eye clinic at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
He said: “I’m amazed by the total, I never thought that much would be raised!
“Thank you to everyone who donated. The pandemic means we can’t do an official cheque presentation but the money has been handed over.”
Over five days in September, Colin cycled five miles on a different vintage bicycle from including a 1865 ‘boneshaker’ to a 1943 Second World War parachutists’ bicycle.
The overall distance he covered was the equivalent of a journey to the hospital from March.
And Colin is already thinking of his next charity fundraiser.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
He said: “Tell everyone to ‘watch this space’ - because I’ll definitely be doing another fundraising activity in the new year.”