Top regional award for Sawtry apprentice
- Credit: Archant
A talented apprentice from Sawtry has won a prestigious regional award at this year’s EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
Michael Dunstan, 21, who works for Perkins Engines Company Limited, came up trumps by taking gold in the Final Year Intermediate & Advanced Apprentice Award, sponsored by Siemens.
The award recognises the outstanding contribution being made by manufacturing apprentices across the region.
Michael beat off competition from seven other apprentices shortlisted from across the region and won the title after impressing judges with his commitment, ambition and drive to pursue a career in manufacturing.
Michael is now in the running for the national title where he will go head-to-head with regional winners from across the UK at the national awards gala in London in January next year.
You may also want to watch:
Michael said: “I am delighted to have won this award and to have been crowned regional winner. It’s an amazing feeling to be recognised for doing something I genuinely enjoy and is setting me up for my future. I’m only at the very start of my career, so to receive gold at these awards and be singled out in this way is a real boost and will motivate me even more.”
For more information about the awards visit: www.eef.org.uk/awards/.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess