Top national award for St Ives-based dance school
- Credit: Archant
The St Ives-based Jill Bridger School of Dance came away with gold from the Dance School of the Year Award.
School principal, Jill Bridger said she was “thrilled” to have won in the large school category after collecting the award at the ceremony, held in Exeter on July 28.
“We were thrilled to win the gold award at the end of an outstanding evening attended by many fellow dance professionals,” said Mrs Bridger.
The Dance School of the Year Awards were founded by Anne Walker to celebrate the achievements of theatre dance schools. Anne is a former dance teacher, entrepreneur and business mentor.
The Jill Bridger School of Dance was established in 1988 and has more than 700 students aged 18 months to 18 years. The school is based in Stephenson Road, St Ives with classes also in Cambridge, Cambourne, Hardwick and Histon.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the school, contact 01480 469711 or log on to www.danceschool.biz.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack