Tom’s bike ride raises hundreds of pounds for charity
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots man has raised hundreds of pounds for cancer research after completing gruelling 873-mile bike ride.
Tom Parnham, aged 29, of Avon Court in Eaton Socon, rode from Land’s End to John O’Groats in nine days, and spent five to eight hours in the saddle each day to cover a distance of between 80 and 112 miles.
Tom, who is married to Zoe and has a 15-month-old daughter called Ella, described the ride as “turning a pipe dream into reality” and said he was keen to support a cancer charity.
“Unfortunately it seems everyone has either been affected or knows someone who has been affected by this awful disease. Thanks to research, we now see more and more people beat cancer and make a full recovery. I want to say a massive thanks to all my family and friends for their support over the ride and the months of training.”
Tom has already raised £1600 for Cancer Research UK, but there is still time to make a donation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k