Toilets in Huntingdon pub win top rating in national loo awards
- Credit: Archant
Toilets at the Sandford House pub in Huntingdon have proved they are anything but bog-standard after winning a top loo award.
They were given a platinum star rating - the highest possible - in the Loo of the Year Awards 2017.
Mike Bone, awards managing director, said: “The toilets at Sandford House have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award, the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”
The Wetherspoon pub, which only opened last summer, is in a converted former post office and church hall, in George Street.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Sarah Hemingway said: “We are delighted with the award. Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The awards, celebrating their 30th anniversary, are aimed at improving standards at “away from home” toilet provision across the country.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Judges make thousands of unannounced visits to toilets each year, grading them from bronze to platinum, with unacceptable facilities not being rated at all.
They are judged for their standards of decor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment, and overall management.
Only establishments with “exceptional” toilets get the platinum rating.