Toilets at a caravan site near Huntingdon among best in country
- Credit: Archant
A Platinum Loo of the Year Award has been won by Summerfield Campsite in Tilbrook, which opened only last year.
Summerfield with 25 pitches was among 1,631 entries for the Loo of the Year Award.
Every entry received an unannounced visit by inspectors who measured them against 100 different criteria, including signage and decor, fixtures and fittings and overall cleanliness.
Every loo receives a grading from bronze to platinum.
The competition, sponsored by makers of cleaning products and other related industries, has been run since 1987. It is a search to find the best “Away from home” lavatories in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Owners Carl Haynes and Fiona MacNeil say they have been encouraged at the number of campers attracted to the site, which offers traditional camping with several acres of fields for walking and camp fires.
Fiona said: “We have made a major investment in the toilet and shower facilities and it has paid off. It is one of the things campers compliment us on.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
“We are new to camping and we are not campers and we took the view that nice facilities are worth spending money on. That’s what people want and they say ours are brilliant.
“We have separate men’s and ladies loos each with showers. The women’s loos each have their own wash-basins in the cubicles.
“There is a family and disabled room with a small bath for toddlers. There is constant hot water and the facilities are warm and welcoming. We have enough so you don’t have to queue and you don’t have to brace yourself.”