Toilet block is torched by arsonists
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to public toilets in St Neots on Tuesday.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews were called to a toilet block in Tebbuts Road at about 6.45pm.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “The toilet block was heavily smoke logged and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
“A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots and positive pressure ventilation fan cleared smoke.”
Crews returned to station by 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal