Toast the Queen’s diamond anniversary with St Ives Jubilee Beer
ST Ives will be able to toast Queen Elizabeth II’s 60 years on the throne with a special Diamond Jubilee Beer.
ST Ives will be able to toast the Queen Elizabeth II’s 60 years on the throne with a special Diamond Jubilee Beer.
The town’s civic society will be selling 1,000 bottles of gold beer, produced by Potbelly Brewery, in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Organiser Bruce Luter approached the brewery after it produced the 900th charter celebration beer last year.
Pat Allan, society secretary, said: “We are delighted and privileged to be able to produce a celebration beer again, especially the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be special and possibly unique as I don’t think many other towns would have though of this.”
The beer, which is being brewed next week, will be sold in the Oliver Cromwell pub St Ives and at the town’s Jubilee events.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Ian Loasby, manager of Potbelly Brewery, said it was an honour to produce the jubilee beer which is likely to be a 4.3 per cent golden beer.
To celebrate the unveiling of the Diamond Jubilee beer, Potbelly Brewery is offering a case of 12 bottles or an 18-pint box of the beer. To be in with a chance of winning, just answer the following question.
How many years has Queen Elizabeth II been on the throne?
a) 50 years
b) 60 years
c) 70 years
Answers on a postcard or a sealed envelope to Diamond Jubilee Beer competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Entries should include your name, age, and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, April 20. Usual Archant competition rules apply.