TK Maxx set to open in Huntingdon’s Chequers Court scheme
- Credit: Archant
Another big-name retailer has signed up for the long-awaited Chequers Court development in Huntingdon.
TK Maxx has signed contracts with Manormaker GP Limited, which owns the town centre development, to become the scheme’s fourth confirmed tenant.
The chain, which already boasts stores in Cambridge and Peterborough, has submitted an application to Huntingdonshire District Council for permission to erect signage for the new store.
TK Maxx will join Marks and Spencer, Next, and Caffe Nero within the development. Costa Coffee will also have an outlet within the Next store.
Work commenced last autumn on redeveloping the former Inland Revenue site and Manormaker hopes the second phase of the scheme will be ready to open later this summer or early autumn.
You may also want to watch:
The first part of the scheme saw the construction of a new multi-storey car park which opened in 2014.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire