Time to get creative at St Ives Book Jam writing competition returns
- Credit: Archant
Children are being urged to fire up their imaginations ready to enter the third Children’s Book Jam story competition.
ACE – Friends of St Ives Corn Exchange – will host the now annual literary celebration for youngsters on June 7 when there will be a variety of fun events for children. In the meantime, the story competition is open to entrants and this year organisers want children to create a story around the title “The Mystery of the River”. The story can be a comic strip (with speech) or written word.
The competition is open to children who are resident in, or attend schools in Cambridgeshire and there are four categories:
– Reception and Years 1 and 2
– Years 3 and 4
You may also want to watch:
– Years 5 and 6
– Years 7 and above
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
There will be three cash prizes of £40, £25 and £10 for each category.
Competition entries (up to 750 words) should be submitted in an envelope with the child’s name, year group, email address or home address and telephone number to The Corn Exchange, The Pavement, St Ives PE27 5AD by April 25. Mark the envelope ‘Book Jam Story Competition’.
INFORMATION: St Ives Corn Exchange hosts the Children’s Book Jam on Saturday, June 7 from 9.30am to 4.30pm. It is sponsored by movewithus and supported by The Hunts Post. Further details of workshops and activities will be announced soon.