Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- Credit: SaTG
Tickets for a performance of Shakespeare in Love and War are now on sale as Huntingdon welcomes back Shakespeare at The George (SaTG).
In January, SaTG made the difficult decision to cancel its full-scale summer production of Twelfth Night. The 2020 production was also cancelled due to lockdown restrictions and as the group has been performing in courtyard of The George, in Huntingdon, since 1959, last year was the first time since 1977 there had been no summer performance.
However, this year, in place of the originally planned Twelfth Night, the group is planning to perform a reduced production, specifically created for what be still be a socially-distanced performance, called Shakespeare in Love and War.
Shakespeare In Love And War will be performed in the open air courtyard of The George, from Tuesday, June 22, to Saturday, July 3, operating at a significantly reduced capacity with socially distanced seating and a smaller cast than usual.
"It will be a reduced production, specifically created for these challenging times," said Simon Maylor from the group.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a one-act play exploring the two sides of the human heart vividly brought to life by the world’s greatest playwright and a cast of the most memorable characters ever to set foot on stage."
Audiences will feast on the lecherous Falstaff or the star-crossed lovers Romeo & Juliet; raise their patriotic spirits in the company of Henry V; delight in the knock-about comedy of Petruchio and his Kate; share the downfall of King Lear or the wonderful wit of Beatrice and Benedick. And although we had to cancel Twelfth Night, there is also a little taster of what might have been as the outrageous Malvolia trips over her own vanity.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
All of these are skilfully woven, by director Richard Brown, into a tale of Love and War, staged in a novel way which respects all of the safety requirements and restrictions due to coronavirus.
Tickets on sale from 10th May www.satg.org.uk/tickets
Cast, playing various roles, in order of appearance: Reuben Milne, Maggie Redgrave, Ashton Cull, Jordan White, Georgie Bickerdike, Simon Maylor, Charlotte Maylor, Lynne Livingstone, James Barwise, Becky Gilbert and Ryan Coetsee.”