Three-year-old St Ives twins in cancer charity walk
- Credit: Archant
TODDLING TWINS: Three-year-old twins are set to take part in a 24-hour walking relay to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Lily and Noah Hicks of Limes Park, St Ives, will form part of a team in which members, of all ages, take turns to walk around Cambridge Athletics track as part of Relay for Life in September.
The twins are putting on their little walking boots to thank Cancer Research UK after it helped their father recover from skin cancer.
They have already received generous donations from Tesco in Ramsey, which donated 50 Smarties tubes for Lily and Noah give to their friends to enjoy and then return filled with loose change, while Silks Farm Nursery has pledged to donate to the twins’ cause.
Dan Hicks, Lily and Noah’s faither, said: “The twins are so excited about taking part in the Relay for Life event with their friends and family. They know they have a big challenge but they are determined to raise lots of money to help other people.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of them and incredibly grateful for the support both Tesco and Silks Farm are giving them.”
Relay for Life Cambridge takes place on September 28-29 at the Cambridge University Athletics Track.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
INFORMATION: To sponsor Lily and Noah go to relay.cancerresearchuk.org and search for Hicks.
n Lily and Noah Hicks will be raising money for Cancer Research UK.