Three cars hit by hay bales fallen from trailer near Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
THREE cars were damaged after a lorry carrying hay bales shed its load near Ramsey.
Officers closed the Ramsey Forty Foot Bank, B1096, between Wells Bridge and the B1093 at Ramsey Mereside at 11.45am today (Thursday) after three vehicles crashed into the bales that covered the road.
The road was also closed at the St Felix Road junction.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said that a nearby farmer had helped clear the road before it was reopened at about 1pm.
She added that a person had been fined for carrying an unsecured road.
Paramedics were called and treated a woman with minor injuries, but she was not taken to hospital.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer