Three car blaze in Fenstanton was arson
- Credit: Archant
A blaze involving three cars at the Bentley garage in Fenstanton in the early hours of this morning (Friday) was arson, firefighters have said.
Firefighters from St Ives were called to a car fire on Willow Road at 1.44am and arrived to find three vehicles on fire.
They were at the scene for two and a half hours and used hoses and breathing apparatus to put out the blaze.
Firefighters said the fire had been started deliberately and urged witnesses to contact police.
A police spokesman said: “We were contacted at 1.42am today with reports of a fire at the Bentley garage in Willow Road, Fenstanton.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire caused damage to three vehicles and it is believed to have been started deliberately. Officers, including those trained in forensics, attended the scene. An investigation is ongoing, but no arrests have yet been made.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0008200118 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?