Three call-outs for fire service in Huntingdonshire including van plunging into the river in Earith
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters were called to three crashes in Huntingdonshire yesterday (Sunday).
At 7.31am, two crews and a rescue vehicle from Cambridge were called to the B1050 Earith Lock where a van had left the road and was submerged in the river.
One occupant had got out of the vehicle and was stranded on the other side of the bank. In-water rescue teams were deployed and rescued them, before leaving at 8.18am.
The Cambridge crews were then called to another crash on the A1123 Hill Row, Earith, where one vehicle had left the road. Crews winched the vehicle to safety and returned to their stations by 9am.
Then, at 11.13am a crew from Gamlingay and St Neots were called to a collision in Caxton Road, Great Gransden. One casualty was rescued by firefighters using specialist cutting equipment and crews returned to their stations by 12.42pm.
You may also want to watch:
Chief fire officer Graham Stagg said: “As the temperature falls and the roads become icier, we’re asking motorists to please take extra care. We would encourage people to drive to the conditions of the road, slow down and allow room and time for braking.
“Our firefighters are specially trained to rescue casualties from vehicles using well-practised methods and using advanced equipment. However, we would much rather there were fewer collisions, fewer casualties for us to rescue, and certainly, no lives lost on Cambridgeshire’s roads this winter. Please help us by taking care behind the wheel.”
- 1 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?