Three balaclava-wearing thieves assault librarian and postman
THREE men wearing balaclavas and carrying what was described as an axe, a metal pole and a crow bar carried out a raid on a post office and library in Bar Hill last night.
The masked men entered Bar Hill Library - which incorporates a post office service - in Gladeside at 5.15pm and threatened a librarian knocking her to the floor.
They then jumped over the counter and stole a substantial amount of money before making off in a dark coloured 4x4-style car.
Prior to the robbery the men assaulted a postman outside by punching him in the head before entering the post office.
He received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
All three men were dressed in dark clothing and yellow gloves - two wearing black balaclavas and the third wearing a grey balaclava.
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy of Cambridgeshire Police said: “This was a terrifying incident for the librarian who was threatened and then pushed over by these masked men. Luckily she was not hurt, but left shaken.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
“I would appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact DI Murphy by ringing 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.