Three arrests in Sam Mechelewski murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of Sam Mechelewski, 20, in Huntingdon have made three arrests.
A man in his 20s from Chatteris who was previously arrested on suspicion of murder and released under investigation has been re-arrested.
A man in his 20s from Brampton who was previously arrested on suspicion of murder and released with no further action has also been re-arrested.
A man in his late teens from Huntingdon has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
All three are currently in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
The body of Sam Mechelewski, 20, was found by a member of the public at about 1pm on February 1 in a wooded area of Hinchingbrooke Country Park. A post mortem revealed he died as a result of a stab wound.
Sam was born in Hertfordshire, but moved to Huntingdon as a teenager. He went to Hinchingbrooke School and then Huntingdonshire Regional College.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
A post mortem revealed he died as a result of a stab wound.
Anyone with information regarding Sam’s murder should call police on 101 quoting CC-01022018-0198 or visit https://mipp.police.uk/operation/554. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.