Thousands turn out to support Ramsey music festival
- Credit: Archant
Thousands flocked to enjoy a day of entertainment at Ramsey’s third bi-annual free music festival, Create Fest.
Crowds were entertained by the choirs of Ashbeach and Ramsey Junior Schools along with a range of dance acts including Urban Dance Academy, Emma Craig Dance School and Dance and Twirl from Facet.
Ramsey mayor, Councillor Steve Corney, opened the event on July 15, with the new chairman of Ramsey Million Big Local, Gill Rayment.
Zorbs, bouncy castles, food and community stalls kept everyone busy, and Ramsey Community Bus provided free rides to and from The Camp.
Create Fest was organised by Ramsey Neighbourhoods Trust and the event's main funder, Ramsey Million Big Local.
You may also want to watch:
Lead organiser Jodie Montgomery said: "We have been planning this event since last year. Create Fest 2017 was such a great event we had a lot to live up to. Seeing so many families turn up with their chairs and picnics, settling in for the duration, made it all worthwhile.
"We'd also like to thank the local businesses who sponsored the acts and the volunteers who helped with everything from stewarding to litter picking. This was a truly community event."
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester