Thousands turn out to support big switch-on in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
The wet weather failed to dampen spirits at this year’s Christmas light switch-on in Ramsey as thousands of people turned out to support the event.
Visitors were treated to a performance from tribute act Only One Direction on the main stage, as well as plenty of other dance and music acts throughout Saturday’s event.
There was also a visit from Santa Claus, fireworks and plenty of stalls and games.
Chairman of the organising committee, Lisa Duffy, said: “The event was absolutely amazing, we had about 3,000 people in town which was tremendous. The weather didn’t dampen things and people still came out.
“Having Only One Direction perform was a real coup for us, and what was fantastic about it was that we had people as young as two and as old as 73 all dancing along to their music.”
You may also want to watch:
A Christmas tree was donated to the town by Pamela Simpson and erected by volunteer from the De Ramsey Estate.
The committee are looking for more volunteers to help out at next year’s event. For more information, pop along to the Jolly Sailor on January 17 at 4pm.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph