Third charge in Sam Mechelewski murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the murder of Sam Mechelewski, 20, have charged a woman with related offences.
Ciara Ratcliffe, 21, of Sycamore Drive in Huntingdon, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and being concerned in the supply of Class B drugs.
Cambridgeshire police also arrested two men and charged them with the murder of Sam Mechelewski last week.
Jordan Shepherd, 23, from Mayfly Close, in Chatteris, and Ashley White 20, from West End, in Brampton, were both charged with murder and appeared in Cambridge Crown court on Thursday.
Shepherd appeared via video link, while White appeared in the defence box at the crown court. The two only spoke to confirm their names.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his late teens, from Huntingdon, was also arrested on Monday (June 11) on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and was released on bail until July 10.
The body of Mr Mechelewski, 20, was found by a member of the public at about 1pm on February 1 in a wooded area of Hinchingbrooke Country Park. A post mortem revealed he died as a result of a stab wound.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Ratcliffe has been released on bail and will appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court on June 26.