Think Local: Christmas festivities in St Ives
- Credit: Huntingdonshire District Council
Stilt walkers, Christmas elves and a cycle challenge provided some festive joy in St Ives on Sunday.
Huntingdonshire District Council joined forces with One Leisure to provide entertainment as well as food and drink stalls.
Sunday’s event, in Bridge Street, was the first of three. There will be more entertainment on December 13 and 20, at 10.30am and 2.30pm.
Members of the public can enjoy hot chestnuts, balloons and Christmas cookies, made by the Zest café team at One Leisure, St Ives.
Mulled wine and mince pies, some of which were donated by Morrisons in St Ives, were also available.
The Starlite Roadshow provided some musical entertainment and Mother Christmas and her elf handed out Christmas presents to children.
There is also a ‘Lapland Cycle Challenge’ that the One Leisure team have started, called ‘Cycle to Lapland.’
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
The One Leisure team are asking the public to join the challenge and receive a free day pass and a chance to win a 12-month platinum membership to use the One Leisure facilities.