Think Local: Christmas festivities in St Ives
- Credit: Huntingdonshire District Council
Stilt walkers, Christmas elves and a cycle challenge provided some festive joy in St Ives on Sunday.
Huntingdonshire District Council joined forces with One Leisure to provide entertainment as well as food and drink stalls.
Sunday’s event, in Bridge Street, was the first of three. There will be more entertainment on December 13 and 20, at 10.30am and 2.30pm.
Members of the public can enjoy hot chestnuts, balloons and Christmas cookies, made by the Zest café team at One Leisure, St Ives.
Mulled wine and mince pies, some of which were donated by Morrisons in St Ives, were also available.
You may also want to watch:
The Starlite Roadshow provided some musical entertainment and Mother Christmas and her elf handed out Christmas presents to children.
There is also a ‘Lapland Cycle Challenge’ that the One Leisure team have started, called ‘Cycle to Lapland.’
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
The One Leisure team are asking the public to join the challenge and receive a free day pass and a chance to win a 12-month platinum membership to use the One Leisure facilities.