Thieves threaten van owner as they flee scene of break-in
- Credit: Archant
A van owner was threatened by two would-be thieves after he confronted them on his driveway as they were attempting to break in to his vehicle.
The incident took place outside a house in High Street, Needingworth, at about 9pm on October 11, with the owner of a white Ford Transit going outside to investigate after hearing noises.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The owner heard the noise and went out to investigate, finding one suspect inside the van, having broken in through the driver’s door, and a second suspect in the act of trying to lever open the sliding side door.
“Both suspects fled in a car after threatening the owner as they ran past him.”
It is not clear if anything was taken during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said officers had carried out house-to-house enquiries following the incident in a bid to trace the pair.
Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?